Welcome to Los Angeles Urban Adventures!
Day tours, with a local
Winner of Los Angeles Magazine's Best Food Tour in LA 2013!
Experience Los Angeles like a local, sampling local food and drink, exploring ethnic neighborhoods, visiting bustling markets, and discovering hidden gems within the sprawling expanse of Los Angeles.
Our small-group urban adventures give you insight into the real Los Angeles and aim to make your day the Best. Day. Ever!
Ven a vivir lo verdadero y local de Los Angeles! Nosotros ofrecemos lo mejor de la vida real de esta ciudad iconica, desde la degustacion de comidas y bebidas hasta las historias de los famosos barrios, "stars" y arquitectura. Para mas informacion y tours en espanol contactenos por telefono o email.
Venez decouvrir le vrai Los Angeles avec nous! Goutez des specialites etniques, connaissez les bars historiques de Hollywood, decouvrez des endroits caches. Pour plus des informations et tours en francais vous pouvez nous contacter par telephone ou email.
نحن نتكلم العربية
from 2 reviews
From USD 69.00
Unlock the secrets of Hollywood’s local hot spots past and present. Wake up with a locally-roasted cappuccino, explore one of Hollywood’s best-kept secrets, walk past celebrity homes tucked into local neighborhoods, take in a beloved panoramic view of the city, and chow down on one of the tastiest burgers in town.more...
Historic Hollywood Stars & Bars
from 5 reviews
From USD 79.00
Take an early evening stroll along the “Walk of Fame” and soak up the atmosphere of Old Hollywood at its iconic bars, lounges, speakeasies, and mobster hangouts. Admire the Art Deco architecture and opulent theatres flanking Hollywood Boulevard, while hearing tales of Hollywood folklore and Golden Age gossip over the best local street eats.more...
Beverly Hills: Beyond the Botox
from 1 review
From USD 69.00
Get to know all things 90210 on this LA tour of the hidden gems of Beverly Hills. Go beyond the Botox into lesser-known cultural havens and sample local foodie faves at a 1960’s diner and iconic cupcake bakery. Leave the beaten path to admire the homes, gardens, and architecture that make Beverly Hills famous.more...
Ethnic Neighborhoods Food & Culture
from 14 reviews
From USD 79.00
Uncover the astounding mix of nationalities that make up the City of Angels on this Los Angeles food tour that reveals hole-in-the-wall eateries, markets, snack shops, and the fine art of riding the metro. Who said you need a car in LA?more...
Los Angeles Private Tour
Love the look of our Los Angeles tours, but feel like customising them to make exactly the tour you're looking for? Well, you're in the right place.
Put our team of local experts to work to build the perfect itinerary just for you. You can include some of the components of our regular tours, or none at all. This is your tour - so make it your own! If you're not sure, we've got plenty of ideas for what you might want to include. If you let our team of expert locals know your interests, they will come up with all kinds of things!more...
LA Getaway From USD 115.00
Escape the cliché! See the best of LA in just a day while getting off the beaten path and discovering the city’s lesser known sites. This LA overview gives you both landmark icons and secret gems, taking you from Hollywood to Santa Monica, with the Farmers Market and Beverly Hills in between. Explore on foot and by public transit as you ride alongside locals and get a feel for what it really means to live in Los Angeles. Sure, you’ll see the Hollywood sign, Rodeo Drive, and Venice Beach (can you really come to LA and not see them?!), but you’ll also visit a hidden garden oasis on Hollywood Boulevard, learn about film and television history at a local media museum, and ride bikes along the Pacific Ocean’s famous beach path.more...
Hollywood & Highland Wine & Jazz Summer Series
Place: Hollywood & Highland - [ 01/07/2015 - 29/07/2015 ]
Free Jazz and Wine from 7-9pm at the Hollywood and Highland courtyard!
Where Locals Eat on Hollywood Boulevard
more... more stories...
25 Mar 2015 This was our third Urban Adventure tour and all three have been quite good. The guides seem to be more knowledgeable than those on other tours.
22 Jan 2015 Yusef was a fantastic tour guide! Lizzie and I had a great time walking around Beverly Hills with him. He was very courteous of our privacy yet chatted up a storm with us when we weren't talking to each other. Thank you for allowing us to do a 2-person tour. It was a blast!
02 Dec 2014 Everyone was so friendly! Sabrina our guide-excellent! Our Tour group was great too! Would recommend.
26 Nov 2014 Summer was very knowledgable and fun!
09 Oct 2014 Loved this tour. Haven't stopped talking about it with my friends and family. Summer made this tour pop! I really got a better sense of LA thanks to Summer's knowledge and enthusiasm. Have recommended this to a lot of people. Thank you.
06 Oct 2014 Our tour guide Matt Crabtree did a really good job. We had a lot of fun and a great time! I will definitely recommend the tour with Matt. I already left a review on tripadvisor, he really deserves 5 stars. http://www.tripadvisor.de/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1847123-r232521158-Los_Angeles_Urban_Adventures-Los_Angeles_California.html
23 Sep 2014 Summer was so knowledgable and super sweet. We will definitely do a tour with her again!
22 Sep 2014 A lot of fun and good exposure to a part of town we were not familiar with.
17 Sep 2014 Add additional information regarding the two parking lots next to gaylord apartments. Had trouble locating it and was late for tour.
30 Jul 2014 Summer was terrific as a guide. i had a great afternoon with lots of fun and new experiences
We are a multicultural team comprised of locals who live right in the heart of the city. As diverse as the city itself, we want to show you what makes L.A. more than an "urban jungle" and treat you to a local experience you'll never forget!
Our tours are also perfect for:
--Red Hat Society Events
--Entertaining Out-of-Town Guests
Feels like: 26°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.