view cancellation policy
Culture shock rating:
Beverly Hills: Beyond the BotoxGeneral Info | Photo Gallery | Traveller Feedback
Get to know all things 90210 on this LA tour of the hidden gems of Beverly Hills. Go beyond the Botox into lesser-known cultural havens and sample local foodie faves at a 1960’s diner and iconic cupcake bakery. Leave the beaten path to admire the homes, gardens, and architecture that make Beverly Hills famous.
- Start your morning with breakfast and a cuppa joe at a classic 1960’s diner
- Stroll through Beverly Hill’s gardens and lush neighbourhoods
- Get a sugar fix at the world’s first cupcake shop
- Discover an impressive, museum-quality family-owned art gallery ( with Rembrandts and Dalis!)
- Nibble on rich chocolate and rustic cheese from beloved local gourmet shops
- Explore a unique hidden media museum dedicated to radio and television history
Tour style:Heritage & History; Local Life & Culture; Walking/Orientation; Food & Drink
Local English speaking guide, coffee/tea and select food tastings, donation and entrance to museum.
Additional food and drink, tips and gratuities for your guide
Group size:Maximum 12
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point:
The Electric Fountain. NE corner of Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards.
Local bus lines 704, 720, 20, 4, 316. Please see www.metro.net for more information on how to arrive by public transportation.
Parking is available at 461 North Bedford Drive or 485 North Roxbury Drive.
- Starting time: 10.00 AM
- Ending point:
465 North Beverly Drive, at the corner of South Santa Monica Boulevard.
Additional information :
- Voucher exchange details:
Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Confirmation of booking:
If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We'll see you at the start point.
Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Additional information:
We believe in sustainable travel. Please bring a refillable bottle for water and remember to keep hydrated, especially during hot days. A reusable bag is also recommended to carry any purchases and reduce plastic bag waste.
- Dress standard:
As we may walk over 2 miles total, please wear comfortable walking shoes. Comfortable clothing, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses are recommended (especially for warmer months) and layers may be necessary as mornings can be cool October through June.
- Child policy:
This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children younger than 6 are permitted at no extra cost, but please make sure you inform our guides of this before you take the tour.
- Language: English
A haven for art, beauty, and gourmet fare, Beverly Hills’ Golden Triangle offers much more than just window shopping on Rodeo Drive. Just off the tourist path lie diners, gourmet shops, galleries, and museums often missed by the average tourist. Join us for a Los Angeles tour that favours the less-travelled side streets to introduce you to the realities of the 90210 - all its quirks and local spots that prove there’s more to Beverly Hills than meets the eye.
Your LA tour will also be chock full of sweets and treats, with visits to some of our fave shops – rustic cheese and gourmet chocolate, anyone?! We’ll hit up the original cupcake bakery and dig into some samples while learning about their sustainable practices and celebrity status.
Keep your sugar high in check, because next up on this Beverly Hills tour is a rather impressive family-owned art gallery. Get up close and personal with Rembrandt, Renoir and Dali masterpieces before checking out one of LA’s most fun and underrated museums, a unique media museum that you probably wouldn’t have found on your own.
Want to check out what other travellers think of their Urban Adventure experience? See below for our traveller feedback.
- Your overall experience ...................................................................................... 5.00
- Your guide’s enthusiasm, local knowledge and communication skills........................................................................................................................ 5.00
The level of opportunity to learn more about the culture, interact
with locals, and experience their way of life......................................................5.00
The Responsible Travel philosophy implemented on your
Urban Adventure................................................................................................... 5.00
- Did the trip match your expectations?.............................................................. 5.00
Ms. Kim S.
USA ~ 22 Jan 2015[back to top]
Yusef was a fantastic tour guide! Lizzie and I had a great time walking around Beverly Hills with him. He was very courteous of our privacy yet chatted up a storm with us when we weren't talking to each other. Thank you for allowing us to do a 2-person tour. It was a blast!
Mr. Margaret C.
USA ~ 04 Jul 2013[back to top]
Brilliant trip - like walking round with a friend. Summer really friendly and made it such fun.
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
We are a multicultural team comprised of locals who live right in the heart of the city. As diverse as the city itself, we want to show you what makes L.A. more than an "urban jungle" and treat you to a local experience you'll never forget!
Our tours are also perfect for:
--Red Hat Society Events
--Entertaining Out-of-Town Guests
Feels like: 15°C
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.